Wednesday 4 February 2009

Snowman

We still have plenty of snow left, Max has been out in it again today, and he loves making footprints and throwing snowballs. Here are some photos of him.










View from the back


View from the kitchen window

I love snow, and i'll be really sad when its all gone. It makes everything look clean instead of muddy (I hate the mud!!) We are supposed to be having some more tomorrow so, fingers crossed :O)

My grandparents marriage certificate came today and it was lovely to actually see some documentation of their exsistance. I don't even have a photo of my grandad and i only have one of my grandma (kindly donated to me by my Auntie Olga) I don't know/have any photos of their eldest two children and only knew my dads twin, Uncle Harry and of course my dad. Its funny cos my dad never talked about any of them and i don't think there was any love lost between them all. Its really odd growing up and not knowing one part of your family (even more odd to know you have 2 half sisters and a half brother that you wouldn't recognised if they walked past you in the street). I guess i'll just have to be happy with records and knowing they did actually exsist.

I'm now waiting for the postie to deliver me some marriage certificates for my mothers side of the family. The surname is ''Hindley'' and my mother has a morbid obsession with finding a connection to Myra Hindley, although i have told her that if i find one, i will not be telling her about it. I definately wouldn't be proud to own her! The Christian names are interesting in their own right. They are as follows -

Silas Hindley b 1852

Kezia Hindley b 1854 d 1864

Eubulus Hindley b 1857

Cleophas Hindley b 1858 d 1861

Julius Augustus Hindley b 30 March 1861 (My great grandad)

Keren Happuch Hindley b 1863

Agur Abner Hindley b 1865

Samuel Thomas Justus Hindley b 1869

Aren't they fantastic names? It makes a look up very easy as its not like a ''John Smith'' or a ''John Brown'', when you find one, theres definately no doubt if its correct. I have the marriage certificate for Julius Augustus and he had a catholic marriage so i wonder if this has some significance in their unusual names? I have a normal certificate but last night i found a transcript from the catholic church register and all their names have been changed. Here have a look -

Julius Augustus Hindley Catholic Marriage

Marriage: 17 May 1886
Sacred Heart, Hindsford, Atherton, Lancashire, England
Julius Augustus Hindley - of Tyldesley
Helenam (real name Ellen) Valentine - of Tyldesley
Groom's Father: Thomae (real name Thomas) Hindley
Bride's Father: Thomae (real name Thomas) Valentine
Witness: Eduardo (real name edward) Valentine, of Tyldesley; Maria Eckersley, of Eckersley
Married by: Ricardus (real name Richard) O'Neill Miss. Apost.
Register: Marriages 1869 - 1900, Page 34
Source - www.lan-opc.org.uk

Isn't it weird how they had their names recorded? Is this what normally happens at a catholic wedding?

Anyway i'm off to bed now before Max wakes up. He is being put to bed in his ''Big'' Thomas bed now but he can wake up anywhere between 12am and 5am and then won't go back to bed unless its in our bed. I really want him to be in his bed permantly for when the new baby arrives else its gonna be a nightmare with two of them in our room.

Night night *waves*

4 comments:

Vanda said...

Good morning, I'm off to work in a mo so it will be a short message sorry. Love Max in the snow & tell Jake he's done a fantastic job building the snowman :O)

It's really lovely when the certificates come through isn't it. It gives you a sense of belonging somehow doesn't it.

All Catholic registers (baptisms as well) are written in Latin. Some of Andrew's family are Catholic. It always pays to look at the original Catholic register if poss because most of the time they give extra information like a mother's name on a marriage certificate and maiden names & sometimes grandparents names on a baptism.

Love you all lots xXx

Vanda said...

Hello again :O)

Have you got all the census returns for your Hindley's?

Did Silas marry Ellen Cook?
Were his parents Thomas Hindley born 1827 & Barbara Ditchfield born 1829 & died 1905?
Did Eubulus Hindley (born 1858) marry Eugenie Clarke (born 1863) & have a daughter Barbara (born 1889)?
Did Kerran Happuch Hindley (born 1863) marry James Dunkeld (born 1859 & died 1948)?
Did Julius Augustus Hindley (born 1861) marry Ellen Valentine (born 1859)
Did Cleophas Hindley (born 1858) die in 1861?
Are we talking about the same Hindley's ;O)

With names like that are you sure Andrew's lot aren't related somehow lol.

Love ya lots xXxXx

Mary Hughes said...

Just found your blog and information about my family.
My mother was Clara Hindley, only daughter of Samuel Thomas Justus Hindley (her brothers were Samuel, Joseph and William Hindley.) Her mother was Mary Westwell. They lived in Leigh, Lancashire.

Does that mean we are related?

Mary Hughes said...

Just found your blog and information about my family.
My mother was Clara Hindley, only daughter of Samuel Thomas Justus Hindley (her brothers were Samuel, Joseph and William Hindley.) Her mother was Mary Westwell. They lived in Leigh, Lancashire.

Does that mean we are related?