Monday 2 February 2009

What's all this white stuff??

I thought it was about time i did a bit of blogging because its been over a month now and its in need of an update.
I woke up this morning and looked out the window, guess what i saw!

Yep, Snow! Everywhere! and its still coming down as i type.
Life has all gone to pot around us at the moment because of this 'white stuff'. Josh has just been sent home from college as they have decided they should close at lunch time. Dan has just rung home to say his college progress interview at Chesterfield has been cancelled for tonight and my mum had just phoned up to say she won't be bringing Jake home from school and can we fetch him. I wouldn't mind but we haven't even had an inch yet!!! God bless 4x4's is all i can say :O)

I have just realised that i didn't post my 12 week scan picture of Peanut, so here is he/she for all to see.

This scan photo is really out of date now because i'm 18 weeks and going for another scan on 17th February when we should be able to find out if its a Mstr Peanut or a Miss Peanut LOL. I'm still in two minds about asking though so, we'll have to wait and see.
I have started enjoying food again now, but cooking smells can still put me off. At the moment i'm loving corned beef and salad cream sandwiches, KFC, prawn cocktail crisps, apples, fishfinger sandwiches, cherry yoghurts, tomatoes!! but it all seems to change from week to week. I don't seem to be putting any extra weight on, which is unusual for me and at my last midwife checkup i was 2lbs lighter than when i went to book in at 7 weeks. I do have a baby belly though so maybe the baby is eating all my calories and after i give birth i'll be the same weigh as Kate Moss!! PMSL Oh, I know, I can but hope!
We have just got back from taking Max to Dobbie's. It was a special treat promised to him by me last night when i was trying to get him sleep in his Thomas bed at 1am. He loves to go there to look at the tropical fish (they have Nemo and Dorey ones!). He made us laugh on the way there, we were talking about the snow and Nik said 'The snow is very cold' Max corrected him by saying, 'The snow isn't very cold, its just chilly. I like chilly' you had to have been there really as it wasn't just what he said but how he said it.
I seem to have caught the family history bug with a vengence again at the moment. I think its all due to the release of the 1911 census returns. I think i have finally managed to find my father's parents (living seperately as they were too young to be married then). Using http://www.freebmd.org.uk/ i have managed to find a reference for their marriage and have sent off for the certificate. I have also found two brothers of my father, that i have never heard of and which sadly died in childhood. My father and his brother (born on 11 July 1926) also had a elder half sister, and an elder full sister (i have references for both births now) who was two years older than him! There is just a mystery about what happened to my father's mother's first husband now but, as the disappearance of him was in time period of WW1 i suspect he was a casualty of war, leaving her a widow with a daughter. I have also found the death reference for my father's mother who i know died when they were two but found out that she was also buried on their 2nd birthday. It seems like his mother was born and bred in Whaley Thorns (my fathers birthplace) as she is living there with her family in 1911 stating it also as her place of birth and i know she is buried there too. Finally, at last! i have some information on a family i never knew, as both my grandparents on my fathers side died before i was born. I only ever knew my father and my Uncle Harry (his twin) and my father knew next to nothing about his family apart from having a sister and a half sister, but not knowing any details about them. I can't wait for the postie to slip it through my letter box so i'll know for sure!
Speaking of the postie, he delivered me a package the other day, and i was all excited when i saw the handwriting belonged to my bestest friend in the whole world - Vanda! On opening it, i found to my delight a slow cooker recipe book. Thank you Vanda and Andrew, i'll definately be trying some of the recipes out :O) Did Gemma recieve her sunglasses parcel?
I'm really loving the Sunday night tv at the moment. Dancing on Ice followed by Wild At Heart. There's not much else to be doing while my backs bad and the nights are dark. Dancing on Ice is fantastic and i love this years celebrities. Although i do think its terrible how Todd Carty is still in after each of his terrible weekly performances. The bloke can hardly stand on the ice in his skates, let alone skate to music. I felt he would be voted off this week for sure after his terrible atempt at swimming on the ice was viewed by millions of people, but what can i say? He wasn't even in the flipping skate off!!!!! Poor Michael Underwood ended up being booted off and he was far better than Todd and not the worst skater in the line up at all. Oh well, all i can do is hope for his kicking off in next weeks show. My favourite to win is the very cute and squishable Ray, who is totally fantastic and seems to have a natural flair (must be down to his ballroom dancing) for ice dancing and has much more content in each of his performances than any of the others.
Anyway, thats it for now folks, i'll try and update again soon - Bye *waves*

2 comments:

Vanda said...

Hello *waves*

You're back :o) I'm pleased you like the book, hope it's useful. Yes, Gem got her glasses this morning, thank you so much.

Great news about your family history. Keep up the good work.

Love you lots & lots xXx

Gemma said...

Hiya

Thank you for sending my glasses, it was all just a ploy really to get you to come back down,lol, :-)

Give everyone a hug for me

Lots of love xxx