Friday 10 October 2008

My Lovely Day

I have had such a fun day today. We went to Shirebrook (me, Jake & Max) to pay a check in the bank for Nik. Friday is a market day, so we decided to have a walk round while we were there. It was the same usual stuff/stalls except for a bicycle stall that i'd not seen there before. Guess what caught my eye? They had Bike trailers (made by Halfords) that children can sit in and be towed behind an adults bike. Well, i've always wanted one for Max so i asked how much they were. The single child one (seats 1 kid) was in red and was £45 and the double child one (seats 2 kids) was in blue or yellow and was £50! Well i'm sure the one that i had seen in Decathalon was over £100 so these were an absolute bargain. I called Nik to ask him what i should do and i decided to go for it, so i bought the double blue one so Max would have room for taking some toys with him on rides.

This afternoon Jake and I took Max out in it for a test drive to Bolsover play park. It was a lovely ride down Oxcroft Lane, passed the pigs, on the corner that Max loves so much. We pulled in to the side when a shiny red tractor needed to get passed and in thanks the tractor driver honked his horn and waved to Max. He loved riding in the bike trailer with his stuffed toy friends, Melman giraffe, Eddy elephant and Funky monkey and had loads of fun running off his energy on the swings/slides and climbing frames. On the ride back home he fell asleep so it must be comfy.

When i got home i realised how unfit i am. My poor bottom felt like some one had given it a good kick and left their foot up there! PMSL. Jake on the other hand was no different than when we first set off!!! Oh what i wouldn't give to be young again. My brains willing most of the time but my body just says 'No!'

Jake has been really lovely to me today, he kept me company in Shirebrook, then came on the bike ride with me and we had a fab time teasing each other and to top it off he's just dried my hair for me. Thanks Jake :O)

I have taken some lovely photos today so, i'm hoping to upload them for all to see. Fingers cross that blogger will let me as i have been having trouble again with it.

2 comments:

Vanda said...

Oooo the bike trailer sounds fab. We used to have something similar for Elena when she was little but it was more of an actual bike than a trailer. Max sounds as if he had great fun. I hope we can go a walk to see the pigs when we come & see you :O)

I must admit with the bottom muscles, I felt some I never knew I had when we went horse riding. Flippin 'eck, I'm sure lady bottoms (especially those that have given birth on several occasions) aren't built for small saddles PMSL.

Hugs & kisses to everyone especially Jake today for being such a good friend to you :O)

PS. I'm still waiting for you to leave a comment on my blog ;O)

Vanda said...

I gotta comment ~ woowhooo!!!!
MWAH ~ thank you xXx