Thursday 23 October 2008

OMG! How much do I hate this flippin dongle. Its pants, total and utter pants! Arghhhhh! I can’t get photos to upload and I have some fab ones and it takes me forever to sign in to blogger and then the connection goes up the swanny. So, here I am writing this in word and hoping that I can copy and paste it speedily to blogger before the signal disappears again *tuts* Roll on Tiscali!!

Today I fetched my new glasses, don’t get all excited about seeing them on a photo cos its never gonna happen (see above reason) and I love them, they are really comfortable. My darling Nik bought them for me (isn’t he a sweetie?) but nearly died when he found out the price £249. I didn’t intentionally pick the most expensive (honest) but I was having a problem getting a pair that was comfortable, because my right eye sticks out more than the other and I have a lump growing on the side of my eye socket (the sphenoid bone, I think its called) all the frames were either tight to my head and were cutting into my lumpy bit or they fitted too close to my eyes and my eye lashes on my bad eye were touching the lenses. So the lady kept getting more and more expensive ones out until the perfect pair came along, then you have to add the price of reactors and scratch coating and all that rigmarole and voila £249 is the total. It did make me laugh when we picked them up because the lady gave me a special cloth and a spray cleaner for free, like she was trying to justify the £249 spend LOL

I’ve been busy in the kitchen again today. I made a death by chocolate cake Mmmmm (Nik said it should be entered in the Southwell ploughing match cake competition, because it’s a winner) and its fabby dabby. I also harvested my beetroot and was sadly disappointed that I’ve only managed to get two jars full (all done by my own fair hands). They do say its quality, not quantity don’t they? Well its totally organic and pickled before the soil on it could dry. Can’t wait to try some on a cheese sandwich. Will post about it when I do. They recipe for the vinegar was meygrannies, passed on to Auntie Jean and now me, so I feel quite privileged ;O)

We had a curry for tea, Nik totally amazes me because he’s getting quite into it. When I first adopted him (normal people call it – ‘becoming a couple’) he only ate plain bland food, traditional English food etc…. but now he munches spag bol, curry, ratatouille, sweet n sour and I’m so proud of him.

We sat down after tea to watch Hugh Fernley-W’s River Cottage Autumn. Its my favourite show on tv at the moment and I can’t get enough of it. I would truly love to live the life he does. He makes it interesting and worth while. I loved the spring series where he got together with some people and helped them take over some waste ground near where they lived and turn it into a small holding. This time next year I should be the proud owner of a well stocked poly tunnel with vegetable coming out my ears. I hope i can do as well as he does but its definately harder than it looks.

3 comments:

Vanda said...

Hello sweetie, just very quickly ~ I've sent you an e-mail. Love ya xXx

Vanda said...

Hello :O)

I'm at work now on my own. I've got 21 keys left to check in so may be a little hoarse tonight if they all turn up lol. What did you think of the link to the website I sent you? I think it describes Jake's symptoms. I hate that you're both suffering so much. I really think he needs to see a doctor but I also understnad that that is no mean feat. Perhaps when we get there we could persuade him (with you) to go & get help?

Hope you don't think I'm poking my nose in. I just feel I need to try and help cos I love you all so much xXx

Chris Gale said...

Hugh FW not only supports the barbarity of shooting birds for sport but he is also a supporter of fox hunting, hare coursing and of the Countryside Alliance bloodsports organisation.