Monday 10 November 2008

A Cold Day

Today has been really cold.

The temperature registered 5c at its coldest while those lucky people near Shanklin had 13c *tuts* ( or so my laptop says) and guess what Nik decided to do today, of all days? Let the fire go out so he could give it a good clean!! Luckily it wasn't out for long so, my worries about freezing to death were unfounded LOL

It was lovely and quiet in the house today because everyone was either at work, college or school so Max and I decided today would be a good day to watch a bit of House. Actually thats a lie because Max wouldn't budge from Fireman Sam so i had House on in the kitchen. I've only got episode 5 to watch from the current series and then i'm up to date. I think for my next 'catch up' i'm gonna start with Prison Break, everyone says its good, so i'll take a peek.

I have been for my doctors appointment today. The doctor checked my heat with her stethescope and took my blood pressure, all seemed fine. It never went funny while i was with her (its just like when i say the car is making a funny noise and Nik goes to investigate, inevitably the darn thing never makes the noise when he goes to listen, and then you get that questioning look which means 'Are you stupid?') Anyway the doctor has booked me an appointment for an ECG for tomorrow at 5.45pm so will update then. I have asked Nik to remind me to put on my best lacy push up bra (instead of plain and comfy) just incase i get a cute male doctor/male nurse PMSL

Thats about it for today cos i'm in the process of cooking tea which is jacket spuds with either cheese, beans, or tuna mayo (or any combination of the three) a good meal choice for a cold dark night. Maybe if i get chance i'll have a go later at HSMSHS and post a pic, if not, goodnight :O)

2 comments:

Vanda said...

Aww bless ya. Hope the ECG goes OK this afternoon I'll be thinking of you.

What is Nik like letting the fire go out when it's cold. I wouldn't have survived would I lol. 5o sounds perishing ~ brrrrr!

Hope everyone is OK ~ love you loads xXx

Vanda said...

Where are you? I've missed you ~ come back :O) Thank you ever so much for the coupons & the fridge magnet. I love the 2 old biddies. I'm nipping to Boots tomorrow to see if I can find some anti-ageing face cream cos I really don't want to look like that roflmao.

Love you loads xXx